* Senior High School (SHS) = Gr. 11–12
–SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
–MUSIC & ARTS
–AGRICULTURE & FISHERIES
–BUSINESS & ENTREP
–SPORTS, ADVANCED PLACEMENT
* Junior High School (JHS) = Gr. 7–10
–Enhanced GE subjects (Math, Reed, Sciences)
*The future subjects (based of what I read):
Required Core Courses (5) = Gen Ed (GE) for Senior High School (SHS).
1. Applied Math
2. Contemporary History
3. Creative Communications
4. Environmental Science
Integrating Courses (2)
*Revised GE Curriculum (RGEC) + 3 or more years of Major courses, but some of them maybe for future subjects in JHS, SHS, GE, Major Courses.
* RGEC will have 36 units for all students regardless of major. RGEC will be offered only starting June 2018.
for Mathematics & Natural Sciences will that be
–Library & Info Science?
for Social Sciences & Humanities will that be
for Humanities will that be
*Teachers teaching these Gen Ed (GE) subjects have three options.
1. They can stay in college and teach major subjects, or
2. They can shift to basic education and teach more or less the same Gen Ed (GE) subjects. Once they pass the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET) required by law for high school teachers, college teachers need not fear losing their income, or
3. They (aside from teaching major subjects or teaching in high school) can teach subjects in the New Gen Ed (GE) / Revised GE Curriculum (RGEC) which will be offered only starting June 2018, teachers have plenty of time to prepare for the new subjects. They also have time to take education units to prepare for the LET.